Monday, July 13, 2009

Minnesota

So I had thought I wouldn't write on my blog again now that I am stateside, but it dawned on me today, technically I am still traveling! :) I am Minneapolis this weekend and off to Ortonville this afternoon for a wk then back to Minneapolis next Monday! I am here visiting my mom's side of the fam this time! I have been with cousins Jim, Stacy, baby Finn and Kelsie. We have had a great weekend already!! I met Finn which I have been waiting 6 months to do and he is just the most precious child I have ever seen!! He has been such a good boy this weekend despite a recent stint of colic which has been tough on Jim and Stacy. He seemed to take a little break with it this weekend though. I have decided we are best friends now because we had a few good long holding moments and I even changed a diaper and put on his pjs once! I am not nearly as coordinated while holding him as his mommy so I mostly just sat with him unless he was squirmy and wanted to walk around...being the clutz that I am I didnt dare "multitask" with him, which I told Stacy I think is an art only known to parents!
Saturday was a lazy day turned epic. Kelsie and I got up early (despite our mind and bodies desires) to go shopping at a second hand store that only sells name brands. They had this $10 bag sale and anything you could fit into this small plastic bag you could buy for 10 dollars!! We did pretty good too, we both rolled our clothes up tightly and got a lot in there! Kels got 2 pairs a of jeans and like 4 or 5 shirts and I got a pair of American Eagle sweat pants and 6 shirts!! So basically everything I got was just over a dollar!! And I got a really great silk, nice shirt thats good for going out AND work! BONUS! and some wintery shirts that will be good for fall in Lebanon! YAY We were pretty tuckered out from our shopping trip and our Friday night drinks with Jim the night before so we came home and layed out in the sun trying to catch a tan then watched Enchanted (well "watched" is relative since we slept thru most of it). Before heading off to Jim and Stacy's place Kelsie cooked us a great dinner of grilled corn, pork chops and tator tots!! YUMMY! Stacy's sisters came over Saturday along with her mom and all of us and Kelsie and Jim went on a "walkabout" as they call it! It was really fun, walking from bar to bar for a few hours! We got to have a good "grown up" night while Jim's aunt and uncle Les and Deann baby sat Finn and Stacy's nephew Austin for the night! Sunday I spent the day with Jim, Stacy and Finn since John was still playing ball in Ortonville and Kelsie had to work. We had a bit of a lazy day watchin movies and hanging out with Finn. We took a nice long walk to calm Finn down and return our movie too! Finn LOVES walks outside! He is so precious!! Well, Kels just got home from school! Time to go to Ortonville!!

Much Love,

Sash

No comments:

Post a Comment