Thursday, September 17, 2009

First Step...

Well, I am in New York City with my friends Kristina and Sameer getting ready for our staff training for National Model United Nations. I am excited because this is the first time of all my trips to NYC since 8th grade I am here for a week but am not totally swamped with planned activities!! We have training stuff at the Marriot Marquis in Times Square (such a nice hotel, Times Square is annoying tho) Friday-Sunday but thats it!!! All day tomorrow the three of us are chillin in the City and at Kristina's place in Brooklyn and then Monday and Tuesday during the day we're hanging out!

I have a red eye flight out of JFK Tuesday night so I'll even have all day then! I am just soooo excited! It definitely hasnt hit me that I left home yet though. I am with one of my best friends from college, hanging out in my fave city (and hopefully my home for a year or two after my MA), going to see the UN again...definitely hasn't sunken in yet! Not to mention I was so stresesd before I left, could hardly get a tear out saying goodbye to the fam! When I left for 3 months I was water works at the airport!!

I am pretty excited to get back to Lebanon and back into school. (wow did I just say that?!) Kristina gave me all sorts of awesome materials on women, peace and security for my MUN background guide (aka a paper Im writing) but it also is going to help a TON with my MA Thesis! Kristina works for an NGO that works with the UN On trackign the Security Council and women's issues! SOOO COOL! So I was really excited about that (we're such nerds I KNOW) ;)

ANYWAY Time for bed!!

Much love,

Sash

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hon; it was good talking with you last night!! I called Sunnyslope today and put dave & his family on our prayer chain. We're enjoying Flagstaff and lookint forward to seeing the Calboms at noon today. Have a great time in NYC!! Hugs and lots of love!!
    g'ma

    ReplyDelete