I have made it to Lebanon! I was concerned I would get here and want to come home right away or regret the decision to leave my family and friends back home, but I got here and felt like I never left, which I think is a great sign! I already feel busy which is a new thing for me! :) Tomorrow I have to actually wake up (ugh) and go register for classes at the university then come home and get settled. I also have my big NMUN Background Guide final draft due by Oct. 3rd so I really need to sit down with that and make my final edits. Its so important to me because its really close to the topic I may write my thesis on and its published so its kind of a big deal to get it perfect! I have lots of stories about my last day in NYC...the General Assembly 64th session started this week and I was able to happily watch diplomats and heads of state arrive at the Millenium Hotel across from both Kristina's work and the UN! UGH I Was in Sasha heaven!! And Barack Obama was in the city also! EXCITING NEWS!!: My friend Kristina that I was staying with works for the NGO Working Group on Women (which is cool) and she and her boss were invited to the Security Council Meeting on Women on Wednesday next week and none other than THE HILLARY CLINTON is going also!! HOW EXCITING!! Congrats Kristina (im sure she'll read this eventually!) I was osooooo excited for her (and a wee bit jealous of course)! ;)
Lebanon is great and I am happy with my choice. I am sure I'll have rough days but overall I am pumped for this adventure. I am going to bed! I'll write about my classes tomorrow! Hope they have some good ones! I CANNOT BELIEVE I am about to start my MA! wow!
Much Love,
Sash
How does the painted walls look? Did you get unpacked yet? Do you have more room without ZouZou? Let me know what classes you have. i am glad you are psch'ed and ready to go with school. i love you.
ReplyDeleteThey only painted Hani's room, but took down the crap in ours. I am going to put up my New Moon Poster and pictures soon. I am working on my NMUN Draft now. I just finished unpacking....brought a lot! :) Zouzou is still here but they cleared out everything so I have room. I'll write about the classes in my next blog post, got good ones AND the have a Gender and politics in the Mediterranean class thats not offered this qtr but will be eventually!! ANDDDD my advisor (also the dean of the MA program) said ALLLL His classes have a gender focus to them!! YAY
ReplyDelete