Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Eventful uneventful day...

Today was pretty mellow...well except for all the stuff that happened! Let me tell you: The day started off pretty lax...Elie and I just ate some breakfast and woke up rather slowly, then studied a bit (arent we so studious). Hani brought home falafal (FINALLY!! I Love falafal) for lunch, which was the first time I've had it this trip. And it was delicious! This counts as one of the "events" of the day by the way! :) Then after lunch we watched the 2nd half of Harry Potter 5 which was SOO exciting that it was on tv! Its probably may favorite HP movie! :) THEN oh boy THEN I attempted to play soccer. This was fun. So, we worked on a little "technique" if you will for awhile, I wasn't THAT bad to be honest! :) But then we started to play a little 2 on 2 game and shortly into it, Zouzou, who is on my own team, I guess was attempting to pass the ball to me, I am not sure, and he kicked the ball full speed right into my left ovary! I swear! It was so painful! AND Funniest part is it all happened in slow motion! haha I like watched the ball and thought "if this was a movie it'd be in slow motion and I'd be saying 'NOOOO' in a really low slow voice.....huh. OUCH". BUT I did not take "recoup" time and just ran after him, this was another mistake that led me to rolling my ankle...nothing serious but slightly painful! haha Good times. Thats when I decided to come up stairs and leave soccer for another day.

Tonight was kids night out here. Hani and I (well and Zouzou technically since hes not a kid but still came along) took Nicole, Elie and one of their friends to Burger King for dinner. They were so excited it was so cute! We've had this planned for a week and like a little child Elie (who btw is 15...all of them are but we all say 'kid(s)' in regards to them) promptly reminded me this morning that "we're going to Burger King tonight!!" It was fun! Actually, funny story, if we Americans were looking to get fat faster, we should institute this policy in our McDonalds and Burger Kings...DELIVERY!! Thats right, McDonalds and Burger King deliver here! hahaha wow.

ANYWAY! The day of uneventful events continues....Hani and I are staying home tonight (sound uneventful? It is but knowing me and my fam something eventful will happen). Hope all is well back home!!

Much love,

Sasha

PS. Here is an article I found the other night after talking to my grandma that I thought was really touching and really made me think about all the women in my life and how much has changed for women in the last few decades and how much is still left to future generations to continue to work towards! Read it if you'd like, its a good one I think! http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/21/rollins.american.women/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment