1. How much the professors use UN documents and organizations for information! In all my Poli Sci classes at WWU NONE of my professors actually assigned UN docs for reading, ex: knowing the Millennium Development Goals, having a copy of the Arab Development Report from the UN Development Programme....things like that. But both of my classes, those are requirements! I LOVE IT
2. Its so fun to debate politics with Lebanese people! Its so interesting to see how they perceive the US and our policies...I had fun a few time stepping in being like "umm....actually...." :) And what is funny is that people argue in class like they do out at dinners or whatever. And for those of you who know a Lebanese person or has been around my dad and his friend Paul, you know what I am talking about. I had to really jump in to get an argument in edgewise! haha it was quite fun!
I am really excited for my class on Friday. The kids in my class yesterday said hes the best prof in the department and it'll be really interesting! There are only 6 kids in the program, 5 girls and 1 guy! :) They are all really nice and I've become legitimate friends with 2 of them (the two that have all 3 classes with me...since we've known eachother 'longer' haha)
Anyway, I really need to read! ugh!
Much love,
Sash
Hi Sasha! Well, finally got on and read all the stuff you've posted since NY - glad to hear that all is going well and that you are so excited about school - there is a wee problem with the pictures that you posted from Minnesota - more specifically - the pictures from Valley Fair - the problem is I'm not there!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to Valley Fair with the WA niece(s), John and Kelsie is what I have always done - and of course, could not do this past summer - sooooooo - that means you and Sonia must come to MN again, in the summer, so that you, Sonia, Kelsie, John and I can go to Valley Fair and take pictures and do the "Oh what a surprise" photos on the roller coaster!!!! You would not believe how big Finn has gotten! It was great to get to take care of him for part of the time that Jim and Stacy were gone. He interacts with people so much more now - his big thing while we were there was to do this fake cough - ha, ha - and then he'd watch to see what the reaction was - I'd "cough" back to him and he'd do the same thing! It was quite funny! Well, I've chatted on long enough - have a great week-end! Love you lots, Auntie Lynn
ReplyDelete