Myself and 14 other students are going to Nepal January 10-24th 2012 and I am so excited! We are going to study conflict resolution and peacebuilding in the field! Nepal's civil war just ended in 2006 and are still working on reconstructing their country. Turns out travel to Nepal takes around 32 hours! YIKES! But some of us are hoping to have lengthy lay-overs somewhere like Hong Kong, Beijin or Seoul so that we can maybe step outside and do a little sight seeing! We'll see!
It is going to be a lot of work both before we leave and on the ground. So I am going to have to be ultra productive from now until we leave. Lots of additional readings, documentaries, and the first weekend in December dedicated to training! Its going to be fun though! Seems like a really great group of people!
I will keep updating as things develop! We are also encouraged to keep a blog while we are there and when we come back from Nepal. I'll find out if that has to be on the school webpage or if I can continue it here...either way you will be informed! :)
Lots of Arabic homework to do today! Until next time....
Much Love,
Sash
No comments:
Post a Comment