Friday, April 17, 2009

I cannot think of a good song for this title...

Hello all!

I am rushing to go with my cousin to his village in the mountains now, my aunt bought me some time by feeding him coffee! :) Sorry I did not write yesterday, I was online, but forgot! :)

Stories:

There was a huge thunderstorm yesterday, loud thunder bright lighting, you know the drill. Anyway, what is funny about this is this wkend is the Greek Orthodox Easter, last weekend was Catholics....And they say that it always rains on the Orthodox Thursday not Catholic because Orthodox is the "chosen" one. It was really creepy, it rained all day. And then they said, wait it will be sunny on Friday because he already died, (or something, my cousin is telling me the story now and he tells it 3 different ways) guess what, its sunny today! On a realist level, this really creeps me out. On a faith based level I find this very very cool. The very very UNcool part of this Holy thunderstorm is that it woke me up yesterday morning scared out of my mind....because in a country that is prone to war, the last thing I want to wake up to is thunder that sounds like someone is bombing the city next door! I sat straight up and almost woke my cousin, only to then hear the rain and see lightning...no big deal! haha I guess I watch too much CNN ;) (never)

Ok, that is all the time I have for stories....I have to go my cousin is ready to leave. My cousins and I went to see my aunt Sonia yesterday also and then to dinner with my cousin Sami (the one who came to the US last year).

I will have take photos of them and label them so you know who I am talking about I suppose!

OK!

Much Love,

Sasha

OHHH PS: (only Carly and Twin will really care...maybe Sonia...)
My aunt Sonia also LOVES Hannah Montana! She says she watches it every day!!! I LOVE DISNEY!

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning/evening Sash; It is so good to be able to stay in touch!! Re: song title - You're much too young to remember "Raindrops keep falling on my head" - sounds as though it would have been pretty good for that weather?! Oh yes - is it Aunt Sonia who has a face book?? I googled Sonia (ours) yesterday and came up with Sonia Sleiman in Lebanon?! Hugs, enjoy life, be good to yourself and those who love you1 G'ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah Montana is popular there, too? You just can't get away from her. I guess it will make you feel right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly me - of course it was "our" Sonia - Aunt Sonia would have a different surname!! Sonia is observing today as a day of silence (no talking) from get up to go to bed time. In regard to all those poor, disadvantaged, abused etc - who have no voice!! Hard to do but quite revealing! Hugs, G'ma

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha wow Hannah has some sort of heightened popularity over there Twin!

    ReplyDelete