My last day there was very successful! I met with a friend of a friend at the UN who gave me lots of good insight about getting a job there (its going to be a long road) but also took me around the UN building which was very exciting! We had coffee in the Delegates Lounge, which is an area for the ambassadors to go and relax and talk informally about policy (COOL!). Then he took me on the floor of the Security Council, which met at 10am that morning!!! I just had to soak it in, didn't even remember to reach in for my camera! silly. He also took me to the Economic and Social Council Plenary room, which is the committee I was simulating at the conference! Another "COOL"!
We had a great last day of committee session and got to sit in the Great Hall again! It will be the last year for a long time that NMUN will get to host committee session in the UN since by next year they will have started their renovations. (The UN is finally getting a make over! Well deserved!) I hope they dont mess with the look of the building too much. They are trying to make the building more energy efficient and modern which is great but the building has such an air about it! It is so cool to sit in the delegates lounge which looks very 1950s like the rest of the building and just imagining the historical back door conversations that had to have take place there! As long as they leave some of the 1950s ness in it I'll be happy!
I am leaving to Lebanon tomorrow evening! YAY The time has finally arrived!
Much love,
Sash
Travel safely, dear! The three of us will be thinking of you (and missing you already!). Love you lots! -Stacy, Jim and Finn
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'll call tomorrow when I am at the airport to say goodbye!! Love you
ReplyDelete