Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Let the Routine Begin

My arabic lessons begin tomorrow.....it is going to be interesting. M-F for 1 hour with an instructor who doesn't speak any English...guess I'll have to learn!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sasha! Thanks to Stacy for putting the link on their site - I've not run across your invitation yet (in the cleaning process, but it could be awhile before I get everything unearthed!!) Reading your blog, I can hear you in my head - it's great! You write just like you talk and it is ever so much fun for me to read!
    I'm sure that as you spend time there, you will get very good at understanding and expanding your vocabulary! It takes me about 5 day in France before the French really comes well for me - bet that you will be very, very good by July - you are surrounded by the language (and the best part) you will be actively working to understand and learn. I did make the comment to your parents when you were an infant that your dad should speak ONLY Arabic to you and your mom should speak English - but...... they didn't like that idea - so here you are, learning it the hard way instead. However, it does give you an excuse to go and stay for a couple of months now doesn't it!?
    Got to hold Finn a lot when last at the Cities! He is such a little peanut! We'll be going in again on Sunday (the next chemo is Monday) - so I'll be able to get my "Finn fix" - Hope that you will be able to see him before he gets to be a teen-ager :)
    Good luck on the lessons - pictures and flashcards are good tools - Take care. Love you lots, Aunt Lynn

    ReplyDelete