Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Difficult Decisions

Hello again everyone!

Over the last month or so I suppose I have been battling myself with the help of close friends and family over what I want to do with my life. Although I LOVE LOVE living here in Lebanon I have decided to come home to the US and pursue different dreams and goals than the track that I am on now. I am understanding now why so many people say to work before you go on to a MA, in order to focus and really understand what you want to study.

I won't go into the full details about why I made the choice that I did, because there are many reasons. My close friends and family know and support them and that is all that matters to me now. I think the road I chose to go down will be more difficult than the one I am on now, but I know in my heart of hearts that I can do it and will put all my determination into succeeding. Cross your fingers it works out!!

I have the opportunity to intern in NYC at an NGO called Peacewomen who monitors Security Council Resolution 1325 on women, peace and security. One of my very best friends did it last year and is finding great success out in the Big Apple and I hope I find the same. Keep your fingers crossed for me though!!

For the next 6 months or so, I probably won't have much to blog about but I will probably start blogging again when I move to NYC in June, so keep checking for updates in a few months!

I want to thank everyone who "tunes in" to my blog so very much for all your support. I have found the blogging is an excellent way to keep in touch with those you love. I should give credit to my inspiration and cousin Stacy because her blog about her son Finnegan and their changing lives got all of our huge family paying attention and I thought "what a perfect way to keep in touch with everyone I love". It has worked out well! :)

Again, thank you so so so much for all your support! I guess I'll see some of you in February when I get home! As for you MN folks I'll try to make a trip out.....ummmmm?? don't ask me when! haha I'll keep you posted through more traditional modes of communication like the PHONE! haha weird!

Much love,

Sash

1 comment:

  1. You can do anything you set your mind to, young lady. We love you and can't wait to see what you do with your life! You must visit MN as soon as practically possible!!

    ReplyDelete