Saturday, January 16, 2010

Haiti

I have been trying to keep up with news and information on what is going on in Haiti and it is just awful! I haven't been doing the best job at reading a lot of articles but a REALLY good friend of mine that has been in my life since 7th grade is in Haiti now helping with relief work and I have been keeping up to date with information through his Facebook! He says the situation is awful! He was in Latin America studying Spanish and working with different organizations and was in the Dominican Republic I believe when the earthquake hit. He is going to Medical School when he returns to the states and has had some medical training prior to his Latin American adventure so he is now in Haiti helping out with bringing medical supplies and physical assistance to those in need. The link to his blog is: http://lukedaniel.wordpress.com/ if anyone is interested in reading about the situation from someone living it first hand. He has links to relief sites that are reliable for donations an that are actually using money to go straight to victims.

I had more written non this post yesterday but my internet cut out before saving it and messed up the post...it is now a day later and I can't remember what else I wrote...darn. Anywho...Keep the victims of this horrible disaster in your prayers as well as the people who have huge hearts and are there trying to help victims!

Much Love,

Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment