Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Final Countdown

With just under 2 weeks until I return to the U.S of A I am finishing up schoolwork and tying up loose ends. Today I packed one of my 2 suitcases and am crossing my fingers most of the rest fits in the other...but I am sure I'll be leaving a few things behind. I also took down my pictures from my wall, which my aunt wasn't thrilled about. But we were without electricity for about 3 hours today and my computer was about to die so I couldn't work on my response paper, what else is a girl to do??! I also made my final to do list which outlines exactly what needs to get done each day in order to finish my Econ paper by Tuesday Jan. 26, my Development paper by Monday Feb. 1 and my Civil Society paper by Tuesday Feb. 2nd! YIKES I also have to fit in final goodbyes with family members and my last big night out next Saturday! Should be an interesting couple of weeks. I have most my clean clothes set out...but am not going to pack my second suitcase until after my papers are all submitted next week! Time seems to have slowed down a bit, but oddly days are going by really fast still...weird. I can't believe all my papers will be done by next week! I am relieved thought that 2 of the three profs changed the length requirement!! My Econ paper is only 10-15 pages and my development paper is 3,500 words which is right around 15 pages I think. So turns out I am not writing a total of 90 pages like I once thought! YAY!

Anyway, lots to do before I leave this little country. It has been quite the journey though! I will be using the flight home to really reflect on all that I've learned here. But its evident already when I have conversations with people back home where my ideas and beliefs have been altered and strengthened in my time here! I am finding it quite interesting to think about! :)

Much love,

Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment