I thought I would break my summer up into several posts, like chapters, so you don't have to sit through one long drawn out one. So, lets see....where do we begin? 2 weeks after we moved into our Seaside house...you know, the fixer uper I posted pictures of before, we called our landlord over so that Kael and I could sign the lease, which we hadn't done yet. It just so happened while we were waiting for him, a Code Enforcement Officer from the Police Department showed up in our front yard. Confused we spoke to her about why she came, turns out our house had been red taped several times and he built the extension of the house...the "man cave" we called it...and paved part of the drive way without getting proper papers from the city. Our landlord came over while the officer was still there and they discussed/argued about the matter for awhile. We over heard he would have to go to court in August and he was furious. Turns out, he thought/thinks we called the cops on him, which is ridiculous. The next day he submitted papers to try to raise our rent, so we gave him our 30 day notice that we would leave. See, we paid 1st month, last month, and deposit already so we could live for free our last month. Well, turns out he thought otherwise. Long story short a little over a week before we were going to move out he issued us a 3 day to pay or get out notice, which was confusing because we had given our notice that we would be out by August. Why would we pay when we had already paid for that month and we weren't staying any further? It didn't make sense. Plus we didn't take him seriously because he was in his own legal trouble so we falsely assumed he wouldn't really be doing any of the paperwork within the legal system because he has his own troubles with the law. We were wrong. I got a call one morning, actually the morning right before I was supposed to go down to LA for the weekend, from Kael saying we had been officially served our Eviction npapers. PANIC! This begins the battle we are still fighting now. In fact, he is actually suing us for around $300 that he says we owe for the increase in rent. Our court date is next Tuesday the 23rd. The same day as my grandma's 2nd total hip replacement I found out now as I was writing this post. Lots of things going on...
Well friends and family, the saga continues, I promise I will post after court and let you know the verdict. Hopefully we won't have to pay...it is ridiculous.
Now for chapter 2....
No comments:
Post a Comment