Monday, August 22, 2011

Sore throat

No way!!! You are kidding me right?? Maybe it's nerves??? This evening when I got home from orientation I noticed a slight tickle/tightness in my throat. Natural reaction: cough then proceed to ignore. Now, as I get ready for bed, it full on hurts and feels like it's getting larger! Really? On the eve of our court date, the eve of my oral placement exam for my Arabic class this fall, and 1 week before school starts my throat hurts! Glimpse into my prayers tonight "please God don't let this be a sore throat that means I actually get sick!" positive thoughts: I am just fine; it is nerves; it will go away.

On another front...Kael and I and our former roommates go to court bright and early at 8:30 tomorrow. Best case scenario: we walk out not owing him a dime and our rental history cleared. Worst case: we pay him the money he believes we owe him (around $500) plus his court filing fees ($225). Please join me and hoping we win! I will definitely update on both the outcome of our case and my feelings on how successful my oral exam was! I won't have results until next tues as far as placement goes since I have to take the written exam as well next tues.

I am off to bed now! We have an early start (meeting the roommates around 730 to prepare). And I better kick this sore throat to next year...maybe even 2 yrs from now, from the looks of it I don't have time to get sick until the president of this school gives me my M.A!!

Before I go though, I must throw positive vibes out into the universe for my grandma's second hip replacement surgery tomorrow! After the emergency surgery she had weeks ago she fractured her hip and just hasn't been able to recover properly. So they are going back in tomorrow to fix it! Hopefully this 2nd go around will make it a lot easier process for her to heal! It has been a tough few weeks and we all hope this surgery will make it easier for her to recover and feel more herself again! Right Gma!!?? I am sure you can't wait to get up moving again with ease and speed, and maybe less tripping? ;-) love you lots G'ma! (as she is one of my few readers I feel it appropriate to go ahead and speak directly to her!) ;-)

Big Tuesday ahead for all of us!!

Much love, and positive thoughts,

Until next time,

Sash

No comments:

Post a Comment