Saturday, November 14, 2009

2012--the movie

Let me just say that I was quite rattled by the movie. On a cinematic front it was the best special effects and action movie I have ever seen! It had you holding your breath, laughing out loud, screaming at the actors to run faster, crying when the US President stays behind to die with his people, it was beautiful.

On a "real life" front it does an amazing job at highlighting the great might and beauty that our world is. It also has kept me thinking for about 12 hours now about life and what I should do if the world is really going to end in a little over 2 years!! And of course, I have been making all sorts of conspiracy theories based on the plot of the movie that I find totally plausible!! haha For instance, in the movie they make these huge arcs and charge people who want to get on them 1 billion EUROS!!! SOO Heres my conspiracy theory: the economic crash this year- due to the fact that all the richest people in the world just pulled all their money from the market and put it into this arc making project to get a seat!! AND the national healthcare policy that congress is in such a rush to pass? A cover to spend millions and millions of dollars on the arc project with out people asking where the money has gone!!! Brilliant.

Haha I get WAY to into my movies!! :) It was a really good one! I am really excited to see if it grossed more than Titanic. Although, the 8 of us who went last night didn't contribute to the box office since we went for free!! :) hehehe It is a really good movie, even if you aren't as gulible as me and think the world is going to end as we know it in 2 years (actually the world doesn't end, its a massive plate techtonic shift that re aligns the poles as well changes the placement and the make up of the continents. Actually, Africa rises thousands of feet and the big mountain in South Africa becomes higher than Mt. Everest!! So its not like Earth gets destroyed, it just shifts, like when Pangea broke up!! ANYWAY!! haha aside from such nonsense it was a really intense movie with amazing picture, sound, graphics, everything! Oscars, get ready to be monopolized by 2012 and Michael Jackson's "This is It" (which was also a really beautiful movie! Sooo moving!!)

Much love,

Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment