Anyway! Arianna Huffington herself (founder of Huffington Post) wrote an article today that I just LOVED! Its is about a new book called "The Audacity to Win" about the epic campaign that was the Obama campaign. It looks soooo good! And of course, I am going to need to read it one of these days for inspiration for my own campaign! Seeing as though if I want to run in 2024 its going to be a similar lead up (new in town, little experience type election) haha. ANYWAY! She asks the question "What would candidate Obama think of President Obama?" And uses sections from the book to highlight the historic awesomeness of the Obama campaign and what can be done now. I thought it was going to be a critique of the President's performance thus far, which it was, kind of, but rather it was almost a motivational piece where she argues Obama's admin needs to look back at what inspired their campaign and use that to fuel their decisions in the White House. It is quite good! Check it out:
I find all the criticism about Obama very interesting, especially since I voted for him not only because I believed in him but really...because Hillary didnt win the nomination! Hehe :) Anywho, it is interesting to see people act as though they are shocked he didn't cure America in on year. I mean, that was my problem during the election...people vested EVERYTHING in him and acted as though he was Christ re-incarnated. On that front I feel kinda bad for him, because of course hes going to look like hes not doing enough, even though on the small battle front, hes won a lot of them. But on the flip side, I really think Arianna Huffington brings up good points about his timidness to govern. A lot of peoples critiscisms have been that once he has to step up to the plate and hit a home run, he strikes out and then blames the pitcher (aka Bush in this metaphore...I keep using baseball metaphors for things lately...huh). Anyway...I get tired of hearing him blaming Bush, whether they were his fault or not...just step up and hit the ball you are thrown. If something doesn't work the way you want, fix it and try again...anyway. Food for thought.
I am going to go play cards with Elie then finish writing my mini paper on development! I finally chose my final paper topics for my development class and for my econ class! I am SOOO happy!! Wanna know what they are?? OF course not but you're going to find out anyway! :) For my development class: “Obstacles for Development: Examining the relationship between the prevalence of sexual violence and current underdevelopment of Egypt”. And for my Econ class: “Punishing Government or Citizens? Analyzing the impact of UN sanctions on Iranian Women.” I am very excited for my research!!
Talk soon!
Much love,
Sasha
No comments:
Post a Comment