So, yesterday I gave a presentation about Iran and the effects UN/US Sanctions have had on its economy in the last five years that I worked really hard on and was really proud of. But, to my surprise, my professor still ripped on it like it was the worst thing he's seen in a long time, and trust me it wasnt, the two students before me were!! While I did raise the bar for students following me, I was a bit disappointed in his reaction. His points and critiques were very valid, but how much can one do in a 15 min presentation. It WAS as I hate to admit a really good learning experience for me and something that I will have to remember for when I write the paper for his class...which let me tell you how scared I am about that one!!! He is basically expecting us to write an economical analysis of whatever our topic is...something none of us have ever done and something that like an econ major who has 2-3 years worth of classes behind them does! SO its a huge challenge. AND I havent decided on my topic, since Im definitely not doing Sanctions again! haha
BUT Good news! Today we got our response papers back in my development class and I got THE HIGHEST GRADE!!!! which was an 88 but STILL HIGHEST!! Now, I am of course really excited but at the same time Im kind of like "well but what does that really mean? compared to the others of course I should have better writing skills this is there second, actually third for those who were French educated, it must be really hard for them!" But they all got 70s on theirs and I am sure its for more reasons than just technical language stuff! SOO I was excited! He even photocopied my paper and passed it around as an example of what to do, and pointed out my "FEW" errors as things that would have made it PERFECT! :) YAY ME!! haha I am really excited! As many of you know school, despite how hard I try (sometimes a little, sometimes embarrassingly a lot for the result) is not my strong suit, so for some friends or even family members, me deciding to do an MA was surprising, even for me actually. SO when I do well I get really excited! Because I know I am intelligent, but a lot of times it doesn't show academically!!
ANYWHO!! I should go Nancy will be done with class any minute (I am at university still waiting for her to get done and give me a ride home)
Much love,
Sasha
No comments:
Post a Comment