I am having a great time here, going out with my cousins, eating great food, learning all the ins and outs of family drama....but I have big girl decisions to make now. I might be able to get my Masters of Arts in Political Science and International Relations here at the univesrity my cousins go to, which is the same one I am taking my Arabic lessons. I really love the university. It is small and I guess everyone knows their professors, which is what I loved about WWU. It is a two year program and I am about 85% I am making the right decision by going. I am hopefully meeting with the Dean of Admissions (family friend) this week to ask my final questions and get technical things figured out about my application, which will help finalize my decision. But, there are of course scary parts about deciding to move to another country for 2 years. I love my family and I always have a lot of fun here in Lebanon but living here will be much different than vacationing. If you have an opinion about this, or have words of wisdom...please let me know! haha I figure there are no jobs in the US and I didnt get into grad school the first time around, if I come home, I don't have a plan. Although moving here is scary, at least its a plan....but I am still thinking!
Anyway! Things are going well here. The guys and Nancy and I went to see the Uninvited tonight...very out of character for me...to see a scary movie! It was good though, not just a slasher film, it had a story and you felt for the characters...I was analyzing it for like 2 hours after! haha
Miss you all,
Much love
Sash
Please though, honestly, leave a comment or email me or something some advice about my decision...I could use feedback. :)
Honestly, I think you should get your Masters at the University of Minnesota! Well, you asked for my honest opinion. We'd love to have you around.
ReplyDeleteI think that it's an amazing opportunity to not only become very good at Arabic (a critical language) AND to get your MA in a non-Western country which will give you a unique perspective on the world + real world experience + field experience that you can bring back to the states and get a job. ALSO right now is a bad time to try to get a job so any opportunity that will keep you occupied for a while without having to apply for jobs is good... also right now you don't have any particular ties/commitments to people or things that would make it necessary to be in WA.
ReplyDeleteI will miss you SO MUCH, but I think it's too great of an opportunity to pass up....